Tutorials, Videos, Free Books, and More Resources for Learning jQuery
Maybe you’re a jQuery pro. Maybe you’re John Resig... But, in the other hand, maybe you read words like “jQuery”, and think: “jQuery What?” .
If you belong to this category of person, now is the time to learn jQuery.
So, let's learn JQuery!
First of all: The jQuery Libraries
jQuery is a library that makes it easy to work with the DOM, listen for events, animate elements and issue AJAX requests among other things. However, actually jQuery supports three libraries that are:
- The jQuery library. This is the "official" library that people usually refer to when they use jQuery.
- jQuery Mobile is a lightweight framework for developing mobile webapps or websites.
- jQuery UI. A collection of widgets like date pickers, dialogs, progress bars, effects and more aimed at interactive web applications.
Start using with jQuery:
- The jQuery Getting Started Guide is a good first step for beginners. It explains basics like how you should include jQuery in your web page, and how to write a first script.
- Try jQuery an interactive course with videos and code challenges that you can take for free.
Free eBooks on jQuery
- Dom Enlightenment for a deep understanding of the relationship between JS and the DOM.
- Single Page Web Apps in Depth is an e-book that teaches you how to make a native application. You will learn about implementing collections, models and views in JS, synchronizing them with your backend, and writing maintainable code.
- jQuery Fundamentals is a must-read e-book for every jQuery beginner.
- jQuery Succinctly is an e-book that explains the essencial concepts of advanced jQuery development.
- jQuery has a very good API documentation, full of example code, which is a book on its own right.
Jquery Courses and training
- Learn jQuery is the official learning portal for the jQuery library.
- Learn jQuery in 30 Days is a free newsletter course by tutsplus. After subscribing you will receive a video lesson in your email every day for 30 days.
Here are some of the best jQuery videos that you can watch right now for free:
Here are some of the most popular jQuery presentations:
- jQuery in 30 minutes
- jQuery proven performance tips and tricks is a great collection of tips.
- jQuery Anti-Patterns is a presentation that explains how to organize your code.
- Using objects to organize your code
- jQuery: It’s a library, not a framework
- Things you might not know about jQuery
jQuery Tutorials and Blogs
Here are the best places to find jQuery tutorials and blogs:
- Our own tutorial collection covers lots of jQuery goodness and tips.
- Nettuts has a large collection of jQuery tutorials.
- jQuery Howto is one of the oldest jQuery blogs.
- jQuery For Designers is a very popular tutorial website which unfortunately hasn’t been updated for a couple of years.
- DailyJS is a blog with a lots of new plugins and tips.
- jQAPI is an alternative jQuery documentation browser.
- jQuery Cheatsheet is a quick reference of the entire jQuery API.
- jQuery Deconstructed
- Unheap is a tidy collection of jQuery plugins.
- jQuery Plugins is the official jQuery plugin site.
- JSDB is a collection of useful libraries and plugins.
- CDNJS is a CDN that hosts lots of libraries.
- Is jQuery going to die in 2019?
- Crazy SEO Tips For 2019
- The Most Useful 50 Web Sites you wish you knew earlier
- Six Ways to Make Your Design Brand Stand Out with a Portfolio