You've decided it's time for a new website, and you know that making it responsive will ensure that all users have a great experience, regardless of what device they are using.
Responsive web design, or RWD for short, is here to stay.
It's rapidly maturing but not without some serious pitfalls for certain sites. If you are considering converting your existing site into a RWD this list of resources, articles, tools and tricks, grouped by catagories, will come in handy.
- Responsive Web Design : The article that more-or-less started it all - By Ethan Marcotte
- Responsive Retrofitting : Since many folks don't have the luxury of a full rewrite
- Common Misconceptions About Touch: Since fingers and touchscreens are what have prompted us to even really need a responsive design in the first place, it's best to know what you’re getting into – By Steven Hoober
- The State of Responsive : A great summary of the current state of the art - By Stephanie Walter
- Improving UX through Front-End Performance : Just making your site adjust to different sized screens doesn’t make it mobile friendly - Lara Swanson
- Printing the Web : Since we're trying to accommodate all kinds of devices, can't forget paper (plus it helps you focus on your content, which is helpful in any size and medium) - Hans Christian
DOWNLOAD HERE (PAY WITH A TWEET)