Today, websites are often sophisticated and complex. Web sites often act as business partners, perform complex tasks that help run and even improve a business or personal enterprise. Most programmers are not just desktop programmers , web programmers or scripting gurus – often have to master many different skills.
Over time, most software developers find it much easier to reuse components of the code of what is to invent the wheel every time you write an application.
As web professionals, we’re always looking for ways to improve our knowledge and skills. Tips, tricks and checklists are often one of the most underused yet potentially useful models of providing great, quick and easy to follow pieces of useful information.
You may or may not know some of the tips below — and you may or may not agree with everything listed — but hopefully it will give you some ideas for your own sites or motivate you to create a checklist to help cover your bases.
- TopUp is absolutely free, also for commercial use (view the license)
- A very easy setup process: only one(!) include and nothing more
- Using TopUp presets keeps your HTML code 100% clean, no extra code needed whatsoever
- The ability of displaying images, flash (from sites like Youtube, SWF and FLV files), movies (QuickTime, Windows Media and Realplayer), iframes, DOM elements and raw HTML
- TopUp can be used along with Prototype (just include TopUp before Prototype)
- TopUp is compressed with Yahoo! YUI Compressor to 47.6 KB (includes JS, HTML and CSS)
- Usage of CSS sprites to reduce the amount of image requests to two per layout for faster loading
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Fancy layouts, animations and transitions
- Auto-correction of size and position when required
- The possibility to create groups
- Support for AJAX requests
- It's open source: check out http://github.com/archan937/topup and enhance TopUp yourself!
- And many more...
The plugin takes a dom element, slices it into parts and arranges them like a folded paper in 3d space.
Isotope: An exquisite jQuery plugin for magical layouts.
- Layout modes: Intelligent, dynamic layouts that can’t be achieved with CSS alone.
- Filtering: Hide and reveal item elements easily with jQuery selectors.
- Sorting: Re-order item elements with sorting. Sorting data can be extracted from just about anything.
- Interoperability: features can be utilized together for a cohesive experience.
Isotope may be used in commercial projects and applications with the one-time purchase of a commercial license
Supersized is a fullscreen background slideshow built using the jQuery library.
FitTex makes font-sizes flexible. Use this plugin on your fluid or responsive layout to achieve scalable headlines that fill the width of a parent element.
This method is what you would expect from a mobile API; a simple orientationchange event on the window:
A tutorial about how to create 3D thumbnail hover effects with CSS 3D transforms and jQuery.
Licenciada en Bellas Artes y programadora por pasión. Cuando tengo un rato retoco fotos, edito vídeos y diseño cosas. El resto del tiempo escribo en MA-NO WEB DESIGN END DEVELOPMENT.
We often use webcams to broadcast video in real time via our computer. This broadcast can be viewed, saved and even shared via the Internet. As a rule, we need…
In today’s article we will write about how to make a working form that upon hitting that submit button will be functional and send the email (to you as a…
There is a new standard HTML attribute that can be used in conjunction with IMG called SRCSET. It is new and important as it allows webmasters to display different images…
Something that seems simple as the treatment of dates can become complex if we don't take into account how to treat them when presenting them to the user. That is…
This article is a compilation of the "ux tools" I have tested in recent years. I've separated the tools by categories, although I recommend you to take a look at all…
Today, we're going to talk about how to implement a simple language selector on the basic static website, without the need of any backend or database calls or redirection to…
Today we will show you how to use BootstrapVue, describe the installation process and show basic functionality. The project’s based on the world's most popular CSS framework - Bootstrap, for building…
Since the release of the Bootstrap 4 is three years, in this article we will present what is new in the world’s most popular framework for building responsive, mobile-first sites.…
Google – THE search engine for many internet users. It has been with us since its launch back in 1998 and thanks to its simplicity of use and genius algorithms,…
In today's article we will explain the concept of graphic design, its fundamentals and what it brings into web development. Graphic design is applied to everything visual, believe or not,…
In today's article we will show you how to animate a basic loader that spins when some predefined action is defined, such as loading an image. That can be used…