How to Optimize Images for SEO
Images are a vital part of engaging online content.
People have short-time attention no one wants to open a page only to find an unbroken wall of text. Photos, infographics and illustrations are a key way to supplement your text to make your page look more attractive.
Choosing the right image for your page can be almost as important as how you optimize it for SEO.
Choose your site images strategically:
- 1. Same subjects or topics as your articles.
- 2. Emphasize the point you are making.
- 3. Enhance the reading/viewing experience instead of disrupting it.
- 4. Place images on your page that are relevant to the text around it (search engines use the page content surrounding images to determine what the image is showing)
- 5.Avoid using stock photos! They make your web site look generic. Plus. If you want to use images, make them yourself, or get a photographer and/or illustrator.
However, if you can't reliably create your own quality images, there are some tools and services that will help you find awesome images:
Once you’ve found the right image, optimization begins with choosing the right filename. Never use the default image file name, like “DSC00001.jpg” unless it’s absolutely unavoidable. Some file name best practices to follow for SEO are:
- Use hyphens (-) as word separators. Don’t use underscores ( _ )
- Be descriptive and accurate.
- Try to use keywords related with the content..
Title and Alternative Attributes
An an image tag, should look like this:
<img src="example.jpg” alt=”alternative text” title =”image title”/>
The image alt attributes should provide more detail about the images. Think of it as a description of an image for someone who can’t see it couse. Search engines rely on alt text because they can’t actually see an image.
Alternative text is considered one of the most important aspects of an image for SEO. In fact, Google has an entire heading dedicated to it in their image publishing guidelines.
If you use multiple images targeting the same keyword, try to differentiate the alt text by including characteristics like color, brand name or size.
- Why Is Digital Marketing So Important For Your Business?
- A Guide to Integrate Social Media into Your E-Commerce Store
- Send Push Notification to Users Using Firebase Messaging Service in PHP
- Best SEO Tools for 2018
- Social Media Marketing or SEO?
- How to make SVG images code responsive
- Increase the Number of Backlinks to Your Site the Right Way
- What You Need to Start a Great Healthcare Blog
- Useful technical SEO checklist for developers
- 8 Best Google Apps You Have No Idea About
- 4 Online Marketing Tips for Personal Trainers
- Google updates LocalBusiness Schema