What are the changes reshaping the IT industry? The most significant one is the trend of using tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices to access internet. This trend is the proof of technological revolution and is affecting greatly the web designers to follow some responsive approach for website creation.
Google’s recommendation for creating responsive websites gives more weight to the concept of responsive web designing to be followed by the designers.
Here we mentioned few reasons behind need of building a responsive websites and targeting the mobile audience.
Why You Need to Prioritize Responsive Design Right Now?
With the growing trend of accessing internet from mobile devices, desktops are still used around the world. Responsive web design is the best option to respond to customer needs using any type of device.
Here the reasons to support the responsive web design:
1. One Website, Many Devices. One of the most appealing aspects of responsive web design is that a responsive website can provide a great user-experience across many devices and screen sizes.
2. Responsive website takes shorter development cycle compared to the mobile-specific or desktop-specific site. Managing one site and one SEO campaign is far easier than managing two sites and two SEO campaigns. This is a key advantage a responsive website has over a separate mobile site.
3. As Google recommends responsive websites, so creating such a website means being capable to win top ranks.
With 67 percent search market share, when Google speaks, search marketers listen. Google states that responsive web design is its recommended mobile configuration, and even goes so far as to refer to responsive web design as the industry best practice.
This is because responsive design sites have one URL and the same HTML, regardless of device, which makes it easier and more efficient for Google to crawl, index, and organize content. Contrast this with a separate mobile site which has a different URL and different HTML than its desktop counterpart, requiring Google to crawl and index multiple versions of the same site.
Additionally, Google prefers responsive web design because content that lives on one website and one URL is much easier for users to share, interact with, and link to than content that lives on a separate mobile site.
4. Your responsive website is your only link to your consumers in any part of the world.
5. To get the due share of 2.1 billion mobile internet users, a website should be designed responsively.
Target your mobile audience simply and more precisely
Why target the mobile audience? And why it’s essential to invest over the mobile audience?
The reason is simple, the mobile traffic is increasing day-by-day.
Mobile sales have already overtaken desktop sales, and mobile Internet usage is predicted to overtake desktop internet usage by 2014.
The amount of data transferred over iOS and Android is increasing with every new version launched by the respective manufacturers. It's true: people are addict to internet and mobile phones are becoming their best friends.
Looking at all these aspects, can you ignore the mobile audience while designing a website or opting for the promotional strategies? Definitely not!
Targeting the mobile audience is actually a beneficial approach in the long run because to grab the right customer share in an environment where mobile-based browsing is becoming a trend, it’s the most needed approach.
Therefore, think responsively!
It’s not just to test your creativity, but also to help the end users in easy viewing of the website regardless the device they are using. And, of course, a way to bring more revenue for the business.