The new Gmail, new layout inbox is online
When we open our email inbox We get a lot of different types of email: messages from friends, social notifications, deals and offers, confirmations and receipts, and more. All of these emails can compete for our attention and make it harder to focus on the things we need to get done. Sometimes it feels like our inboxes are controlling us, rather than the other way around.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Today, Gmail is getting a brand new inbox on desktop and mobile that puts you back in control using simple, easy organization.
On the desktop, the new inbox groups your mail into categories which appear as different tabs. You simply choose which categories you want and your inbox will be organized in a way that lets you see what’s new at a glance and decide which emails you want to read when.
You can easily customize the new inbox - select the tabs you want from all five to none, drag-and-drop to move messages between tabs, set certain senders to always appear in a particular tab and star messages so that they also appear in the Primary tab.
If the new inbox isn't quite your style, you can simply switch off all optional tabs to go back to classic view, or switch to any of your other favorite inbox types.
The new inbox is rolling out gradually. The desktop, Android and iOS versions will become available within the next few weeks. If you'd like to try out the new inbox on Desktop sooner, keep an eye on the gear menu and select Configure inbox when it appears in the Settings options.
- An Introduction to Email Segmentation
- 8 Best Google Apps You Have No Idea About
- How to Choose a Laptop for Web Design and Development
- How to send an e-mail in 1984 - Vintage overdose
- 10 Server and network monitoring tools
- 10 CSS Media Query Snippets
- Tricks for speeding up your Android device
- Move Google Authenticator to a new mobile device
- Which apps have access to your online profiles? Check it with MyPermissions app
- Android tips: How to change archive and delete actions in the new Gmail
- WWDC 2013 - Apple presents new iOS 7, OSX, And More
- How To Use the new Gmail tabs