12 Must Read Tips and Tricks For Web-Design And Web-Dev Addicts
Today, websites are often sophisticated and complex. Web sites often act as business partners, perform complex tasks that help run and even improve a business or personal enterprise. Most programmers are not just desktop programmers , web programmers or scripting gurus – often have to master many different skills.
Over time, most software developers find it much easier to reuse components of the code of what is to invent the wheel every time you write an application.
As web professionals, we’re always looking for ways to improve our knowledge and skills. Tips, tricks and checklists are often one of the most underused yet potentially useful models of providing great, quick and easy to follow pieces of useful information.
You may or may not know some of the tips below — and you may or may not agree with everything listed — but hopefully it will give you some ideas for your own sites or motivate you to create a checklist to help cover your bases.
- TopUp is absolutely free, also for commercial use (view the license)
- A very easy setup process: only one(!) include and nothing more
- Using TopUp presets keeps your HTML code 100% clean, no extra code needed whatsoever
- The ability of displaying images, flash (from sites like Youtube, SWF and FLV files), movies (QuickTime, Windows Media and Realplayer), iframes, DOM elements and raw HTML
- TopUp can be used along with Prototype (just include TopUp before Prototype)
- TopUp is compressed with Yahoo! YUI Compressor to 47.6 KB (includes JS, HTML and CSS)
- Usage of CSS sprites to reduce the amount of image requests to two per layout for faster loading
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Fancy layouts, animations and transitions
- Auto-correction of size and position when required
- The possibility to create groups
- Support for AJAX requests
- It's open source: check out http://github.com/archan937/topup and enhance TopUp yourself!
- And many more...
The plugin takes a dom element, slices it into parts and arranges them like a folded paper in 3d space.
Isotope: An exquisite jQuery plugin for magical layouts.
- Layout modes: Intelligent, dynamic layouts that can’t be achieved with CSS alone.
- Filtering: Hide and reveal item elements easily with jQuery selectors.
- Sorting: Re-order item elements with sorting. Sorting data can be extracted from just about anything.
- Interoperability: features can be utilized together for a cohesive experience.
Isotope may be used in commercial projects and applications with the one-time purchase of a commercial license
Supersized is a fullscreen background slideshow built using the jQuery library.
FitTex makes font-sizes flexible. Use this plugin on your fluid or responsive layout to achieve scalable headlines that fill the width of a parent element.
This method is what you would expect from a mobile API; a simple orientationchange event on the window:
A tutorial about how to create 3D thumbnail hover effects with CSS 3D transforms and jQuery.
- Starting with Vue.js: how about using it?
- Tools to build PWA quickly
- Vue.js: a quick start guide for beginners. Part 3
- Async/Await how they really work: an example
- Vue.js: a quick start guide for beginners. Part 2
- Vue.js: a quick start guide for beginners. Part 1.
- A roadmap to becoming a web developer in 2019