The ultimate list of resources to start programming in node.js
What Nodejs is used for?
Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking input/output model that makes it light and efficient (by input we mean requests and by output we mean responses). It can refer to any operation, from reading or writing files of any type to making an HTTP request.
The main idea of Node.js is to use the non-blocking, event-controlled input/output model to remain lightweight and efficient for real-time data usage applications running on the devices. It is a platform that will not dominate the world of web development but it does meet the needs of a large majority of programmers.
The purpose of Node.js is not aimed at processor-intensive operations, in fact, using it for heavier programming will eliminate almost all its advantages. Where Node.js really shines is in the creation of fast network applications, as it is able to handle a large number of simultaneous connections with a high level of performance, which equates to high scalability.
The documentation on Node.js is quite complete.
Today we present you a resource directory that gathers sites related to Node.js ordered by kind of project.
- NodeSchool.io interactive lessons
- The Art of Node (an introduction to Node.js)
- Hello World
- Hello World Web Server (paid)
- Node.js guide
- Build a blog with Node.js, express and MongoDB
- Node.js for Beginners
- Learn Node.js Completely and with Confidence
- Absolute Beginners Guide To Node.js
- Node JS Processing Model – Single Threaded Model with Event Loop Architecture
- RisingStack's Node Hero Series
- Great Node.js tutorials voted by the programming community
- Node tuts
- Introduction to Node.js with Ryan Dahl
- Node.js: Asynchronous Purity Leads to Faster Development
- Parallel Programming with Node.js
- Node.js First Look
- Node.js with MongoDB
- Ryan Dahl's Google Tech Talk
- Real Time Web with Node.js
- Node.js Tutorials for Beginners
- Pluralsight courses (paid)
- The Node Beginner Book
- Mastering Node.js
- Up and Running with Node.js
- Node.js in Action
- Node.js & Co. (in German)
- Sam's Teach Yourself Node.js in 24 Hours
- Mixu's Node Book
- Beginning Web Development with Node.js
- Node Web Development
- NodeJS for Righteous Universal Domination!
- Crockford's videos (must see!)
- Search for registered Node.js modules
- A curated list of awesome Node.js libraries
- Wiki List on GitHub/Joyent/Node.js (start here last!)
Production sites with published source:
- Node Knockout Hackathon (source)
- Useful Node.js Tools, Tutorials and Resources
- Runnable.com - like jsfiddle, but for server side as well
- Getting Started with Node.js on Heroku
- Getting Started with Node.js on Open-Shift
- Authentication using Passport
Licenciada en Bellas Artes y programadora por pasión. Cuando tengo un rato retoco fotos, edito vídeos y diseño cosas. El resto del tiempo escribo en MA-NO WEB DESIGN END DEVELOPMENT.
In this article we talked about what AJAX calls are and how to use them in a traditional way, by using the XMLHttpRequest (XHR) object. In short, thanks to AJAX…
Today, we're going to write about the parallax effect, similar to parallax scrolling, and how to implement it to improve your landing page. In webdev, they say mobile first -…
Recently we wrote about how to do a switchable alternative color mode or theme, a very useful and popular feature to websites. Today’s article is going to be about how…
In today’s article we are going to learn how to build pretty much standard these days on the web pages and that is the alternative color mode and switching between…
Npm and yarn are package managers that help to manage a project’s dependencies. A dependency is, as it sounds, something that a project depends on, a piece of code that…