The short answer is yes.
But what is Machine Learning?
To answer this you can read my previous post.
- Python got all the major libraries.
Let's analyze these statements one by one.
Short answer: It depends.
You can take a look at math.js to see that already manipulating arrays becomes a little more friendly ;)
Python got all the major libraries.
Yes. all the important libraries for M.L. in which much of the study and research has been done, are made in Python. Like Tensorflow and scikit-learn but that doesn't let you find good options like:
- brain.js for neural networks.
- Natural for natural language processing.
- TensorflowJs for model training
- Webdnn for deep learning.
Presciently, many developers are moving from handling ML on back-end servers to front-end applications.
And thanks to TensorFlow.js, teams can now create and run ML models in static HTML documents without ever setting up a server or even database — enabling the following services, hosted entirely client-side.
- Automatic Picture Manipulation: auto-adjust images based on a predefined rule-set using a browser-based application — even generate art using convolutional neural networks, as Google has done.
- Offline Game Opponents: play against an AI-operated adversary, even when a video game is offline.
- Content Recommendation Engine: build and train an ML algorithm in the browser, identifying what users like to look at and surfacing more relevant content — just as Twitter have done to rank tweets.
- Activity Monitoring: install a client-side application that learns usage patterns on a local network or device — to monitor and flag unusual activity.
- Object Detection: use a client-side application to detect documents or objects in pictures — such as Airbnb uses to alert users to the presence of sensitive information when they upload a passport or driving license photo.
Still, an increasing number of companies are experimenting with machine learning applications that run on the end-users’ device. And as devices get more powerful, the opportunity to experiment will only grow.
Web Developer, Blogger, Creative Thinker, Social media enthusiast, Italian expat in Spain, mom of little 6 years old geek, founder of @manoweb. A strong conceptual and creative thinker who has a keen interest in all things relate to the Internet. A technically savvy web developer, who has multiple years of website design expertise behind her. She turns conceptual ideas into highly creative visual digital products.
Artificial Intelligence or AI is a trend in technology and has been the main topic of many philosophical debates as to where this field will lead us as humanity. This time…
Web design in order to succeed needs two things: innovation and imitation. Unfortunately, the last one often wins. Web designers love to learn, study and use the latest trends, and then…
A year ago, we were a launch partner when Google unveiled Drive. Much has been made of what this means for Google or the cloud storage wars, but there’s been…