What makes someone leave a website?
Part of having a successful website is attracting visitors. Keeping those visitors on your site, however, is another topic altogether.
Here is a look at 16 common reasons for exiting visitors. If you have other factors in mind that I’ve left off of this list, feel free to leave a comment.
- 1. Inaccessibility
- 2. Frustrating Navigation
- 3. Following External Links
- 4. Clicking on an Advertisement
- 5. Annoying Advertisements
- 6. Satisfaction/Completion
- 7. Not What They Anticipated
- 8. Doesn’t Have What They’re Looking For
- 9. Unprofessional
- 10. Return to What They Were Doing
- 11. Slow Loading Pages
- 12. Audio or Video that Starts Automatically
- 13. Poor Readability
- 14. Boring
- 15. Outdated
- 16. Too Busy
- 17. What’s Your Opinion?