What Makes a Great Tweet
Twitter had half a billion registered users who generate about 175 million tweets a day.
New accounts are being added at a rate of 11 per second.
Just how valuable are these proliferating 140-character messages?
Twitter now has more than half a billion registered profiles, with over 140 million in the USA alone. Also, Twitter users send 175 million tweets per day, on some special occasions and events Twitter generates tens of thousands of tweets every-second. The average Twitter user has tweeted 307 times.
The Pew Research Center says 8% of adults use Twitter on a daily basis. Another 7% use Twitter more sporadically. Twitter users have almost doubled since end of 2010. Alexa claims that an estimated 8% of global Internet users visit Twitter daily.
31% of people aged 18 to 24 use Twitter.
18 to 29 year olds are about three times as likely to use Twitter than someone 50-64. The 18-29 age bracket is also almost 50% more likely to use Twitter than someone age 30 to 49.
Women are slightly more active on Twitter than men.
The Twitter demographic tends to be technically savvy and are seen as early adopters.
Tips for Success on Twitter
The most important tip for Twitter success is this: It takes time.
You can’t expect to throw up a Twitter account and get a lot of traffic in days, weeks or even a few months. Give it time. Feed it.
Be honest with your audience and have a consistent voice.
Focus on conversations, rather than on pushing your content or sales pitches out. Focus on getting to know the people who talk to you, and on letting people to get know you and your brand. Don’t treat Twitter like a direct mail campaign.
Treat it more like getting to know a friend.
And finally, have a system for figuring out what’s working and what’s not. Look at statistics, as well as follower surveys to improve your Twitter marketing strategy.
- Pulsetuit, the new platform for sentiment analysis in real time
- How to Become a Leader in The Field of Digital Technology
- 8 Social Media Monitoring Tools
- 318 USEFUL TWITTER BOOTSTRAP RESOURCES #6
- How to create a Twitter proxy for mobile development
- Bootstrap 3 RC2 released
- 32 best bootstrap tools and generators for web developers
- 318 useful twitter bootstrap resources #5
- 14 Twitter Bootstrap wireframes and GUI templates for web designers
- How To Rock Your Next Bootstrap Project
- How to Retrieve Twitter Timeline and Hashtags in PHP
- 318 useful twitter bootstrap resources #4