Canvas is a 2D drawing API recently added to HTML and supported by most browsers (even Internet Explorer 9 beta). Canvas allows you to draw anything you want directly in the web browser without the use of plugins like Flash or Java. With its deceptively simple API, Canvas can revolutionize how we build web applications for all devices, not just desktops.[...]
By Ivo Wetzel
By Alex Young
on real-world code from projects like jQuery
• Browser capability detection
• Clean, reusable API design
• Benchmarking and performance
• Using GitHub!
A comprehensive and interesting NodeJS overview covering many aspects in details.
By Karl Seguin
The Little MongoDB Book book is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license. You should not
have paid for this book. You are basically free to copy, distribute, modify or display the book. However, always ask attribute the book to Karl Seguin and do not use it for commercial purposes.
- Understand Node's event-loop architecture, non-blocking I/O, and event-driven programming
- Discover how Node supports a variety of database and data storage tools
- Learn best practices for writing easy-to-maintain code for Node
- Get concrete examples of how to use the various Node APIs in practice
- Take advantage of the book’s complete API reference
Learn the best practices for implementing single page web apps.
A free short e-book that teaches you how to write node programs with streams, by James Halliday a famous NodeJS supporter that published numerous awesome NodeJS modules. This document covers the basics of how to write node.js programs with streams.
By Addy Osmani
By Cody Lindley
For the purpose of this book (i.e. grokking the concepts), the author is going to sidestep the browser API mess and dying browser discrepancies in an effort to expose the modern DOM.
- DOM vs Virtual DOM (Vue's challenge)
- CSS Shapes: how to create non-rectangular shapes (part 2)
- CSS Shapes: how to create non-rectangular shapes (part 1)
- Useful Free UX Ebooks
- Useful Tutorials on SVG & CSS3 Animation
- 8 Free PHP Books to Read in Summer 2018
- How to Become a Full Stack Developer in 2018