Install Shotcut Video Editor in Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10
The Shotcut video editor software has reached the 16.11 release, here’s quick tip for how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10.
Shotcut is a free, open source, and cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats, no import required meaning native timeline editing, Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring, and resolution support to 4k.
Shotcut 16.11 features a new so-called portable app, and also:
- Fixed drag-n-drop to Timeline after moving clip to different track.
- Fixed LUT (3D) filter for languages/regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Fixed Properties > Speed on macOS for languages/regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Added Gaelic (Scottish) translation.
How to Install Shotcut in Ubuntu:
Shotcut offers a non-install Linux binary package available for download at this page.
For those want to install Shotcut with application shortcut, you may use this unofficial PPA repository:
1. Open terminal and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:haraldhv/shotcut
Type your password (no visual feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2 Then update and install the editor via the commands below one by one:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install shotcut
For Ubuntu 16.10 users, you can also install Shotcut from the GetDeb repository.
Uninstall Shotcut video editor:
To uninstall the software, simply run the command below in terminal window:
sudo apt remove shotcut && sudo apt autoremove
And the PPA repository can be removed by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.
Comments area, use one of your social accounts to log-in and post a comment.
Responses to the post
- How to Improve Communication with Suppliers
- The Best Lightweight Linux Distributions For Older PC's
- How to write real client IP address in error Log with Varnish 4 and Apache 2.4 in Ubuntu 16.04
- 15 Awesome Plugins for Creating Sticky Elements
- How to Configure the Mod_Security Core Ruleset in Ubuntu
- 4 Online Marketing Tips for Personal Trainers
- Guide to viewport units vw, vh, vmin and vmax
- Fetch API, an amazing replacement of XMLHttpRequest AJAX
- How to Install Syncthing on Ubuntu 16.04
- 31 Quotes About Launching a Startup - by Wrike project management software
- How to Connect to a Remote Server via SSH from a Linux Shell
- PHP 7.2 will be the first Programming Language to add Modern Cryptography to its Standard Library