In the last few years the Open Source movement has changed the face of computing more than almost anyone would have thought possible.
The Open Source alternatives have been growing in number and breadth: from office software to financial software to web and desktop utilities to games, just about any software you can think of has an open-source alternative. And in many cases, the open-source version is better
Now consider this: the open-source concept doesn’t have to just apply to software: it has created a sea of new code web libraries to work with.
∞ is a UITableView for the web: it speeds up scrolling through long lists and keeps your infinite feeds smooth and stable for your users. It is small, battle-tested, and highly performant. The code is hosted on Github, and distributed under the BSD License. The annotated source is available, as are demos both with Infinity turned off and on.
Prism is a lightweight, extensible syntax highlighter, built with modern web standards in mind. It’s a spin-off from Dabblet and is tested there daily by thousands.
- Dead simple Include prism.css and prism.js, use proper HTML5 code tags (code.language-xxxx), done!
- IntuitiveLanguage classes are inherited so you can only define the language once for multiple code snippets.
- Light as a featherThe core is 1.6KB minified & gzipped. Languages add 0.3-0.5KB each, themes are around 1KB.
- Blazing fastSupports parallelism with Web Workers, if available.
- ExtensibleDefine new languages or extend existing ones. Add new features thanks to Prism’s plugin architecture.
- Easy stylingAll styling is done through CSS, with sensible class names like .comment, .string, .property etc
Bonsai's main features include:
- Architecturally separated runner and renderer
- iFrame, Worker and Node running contexts
- Assets (Audio, Video, Images, Fonts, SubMovies)
- Keyframe and time based animations (easing functions too)
- Path morphing
- and much more...
- For the finer details, see the documentation.
- #bonsaijs on irc.freenode.net
- Post your questions on stackoverflow and tag with #bonsaijs.
Gmaps.js allows you to use the potential of Google Maps in a simple way.
No more extensive documentation or large amount of code.
Visit the examples in hpneo.github.com/gmaps
An interactive guide for web page elements using jQuery and CSS3.
Pageguide.js is an interactive visual guide to elements on web pages. Instead of cluttering your interface with static help message, or explanatory text, add a pageguide and let your users learn about new features and functions.
A unified, HTML5-based user interface system for all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Its lightweight code is built with progressive enhancement, and has a flexible, easily themeable design.
jQuery mobile framework takes the "write less, do more" mantra to the next level: Instead of writing unique apps for each mobile device or OS, the jQuery mobile framework allows you to design a single highly-branded web site or application that will work on all popular smartphone, tablet, and desktop platforms.
Provide the capability to sequentially process SQL in many different forms:
- As a single SQL statement string.
- As an array of SQL statement strings.
- As an array of SQL statement objects (if you want to inject data into the SQL or get a callback after each SQL statement is processed)
- As a string containing multiple SQL statements, each of which ends in a semicolon.
- From a completely separate file containing SQL statements.
- Provide a framework for controlling the version of a database.
Chosen is a jQuery plugin that makes long, unwieldy select boxes much more user-friendly.
SIMPLEMODAL is a small plugin to create modal windows. It can be used to generate alert or confirm messages with few lines of code. Confirm configuration involves the use of callbacks to be applied to affirmative action; it can work in asynchronous mode and retrieve content from external pages or getting the inline content.
SIMPLEMODAL is not a lightbox although the possibility to hide parts of its layout may partially make it similar.
A grumble can be rotated around a given element at any angle, all 360 degrees. Any distance can be specified. Any CSS style can be applied. There's auto-magic size adjustment for use with localised text. FX queues for animating multiple grumbles. And it works in IE6+, and modern browsers.
grumble.js is currently written as a jquery plugin and can be found on Github
- Async/Await how they really work: an example
- Vue.js: a quick start guide for beginners. Part 2
- Vue.js: a quick start guide for beginners. Part 1.
- A roadmap to becoming a web developer in 2019